Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life

Several years ago I did a genealogy research on the Roberts family. After being asked some questions from other Roberts’ from around the globe, I’ve reviewed my research. As I was reading about my Great Grandfathers, I started to notice, that barring any unforeseen circumstances, such as an accident or war, the age of death, seems to be 76. My father missed this number by several weeks and his brother’s were 75-76 at the time of their death.
This study provoked a deeply philosophical question: Would I want to know when my last day on this earth would be and how would it change the life I’m living? Perhaps I could forgive those that need forgiving and ask forgiveness of those I’ve wronged. I think my forgiveness would begin with myself, for not going down the path I, or others, think I should have taken. I am where I am, and the only way to go is forward, one step at a time. The most important thing I can do is to take that step and really start living life.
When we start realizing that every day that passes time grows more precious. It can actually be quite inspiring to realize there’s one day less than the day before. We can’t let the little things in life bog us down and to keep us from living up to our full potential, ever what that is. To love and let ourselves be loved is what makes life worth living.
On average I have 8748 days left. I will see 25 more Christmas mornings and 24 more birthdays, vote for 6 more Presidents, but I can smile every morning I wake up, because that means, I have another day, to get it right!
Would you want to know?
oer 2008

No comments: